Monday, March 14, 2011

Yin and Yang

This month is turning out to be a kick in the pants. Nate had his usual Monday exam to study for, only to be followed by Practicals. Practicals. Again. From my perspective that means there are only two more to go before the first year of med school is over (1/4 finished! AWESOME.). I can't tell if he shares my positive sentiment or not, hmmm. I don't think I can describe how much he's been studying.   

  • Nate's school put on a "brain fair" Saturday. Got to handle some real deal brains and spinal cords. Highly recommended. Really.   
  • Trained a new photographer for bella last week and she proved to be my most challenging yet. Praying it stays that way. 
  • Shot an elopement style wedding complete with a BART ride to the courthouse. 
  • Friday night Corene and I ended up having a "girls night out" since the boys were tied up with work/school. Bangkok Palace: always delicious. Sorry, boys.  
  • Started my pre candida diet cleanse this week, hence all of the veggies. And, aren't they beautiful!       


Desperate times.

Helmets are cool!

Learning about the brain is cool

Studying is not so cool.

Kale reminds me of frogs and is cool too.








Deliciousness made from miniature avocados

 Another Green Smoothie
1 small avacado
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
liquid stevia to taste
small handful of collard greens
ice cubes

An especially wonderful smoothie. I know, you don't believe me, but it's true. Don't miss out. Enjoy! 







2 comments:

  1. Glad you are lessening the spinach intake. I'm sure my blender could handle this so I'm going to have to try it out. I'd be up for any other recipes of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I confirmed that it was calcium in spinach and that it can lead to kidney stones. Why would I induce something people claim to be worse than child labor? Crossing fingers and toes I didn't already overdo it. More recipes to come.

    ReplyDelete