Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tourists in Our City {Part Two}


Monday:

  • We drove south to Santa Cruz. My new favorite day vaca. Places like this always remind me of my Dad in his surfing, leather pant wearing, blonde hair, beach bumming days. Things slow down and get a little groovy if you know what I mean. 



Mom Deb enjoying the sun...with the rest of Santa Cruz.


This needs a theme song. Learning to skim board.


Beautiful beach North of SC.


Utahans are WHITE. Me and D.

 An unscheduled nap. Amazing.

We finally found Tree 9 on the UCSC campus only to be shut down by cut branches.


Turns out there are tons of epic climbing worthy trees. We got over 100ft out of this one.

Tuesday:

  • The total San Francisco experience...almost. 
  • Golden Gate Park. I think park is perhaps too mild of a word. 
  • Haight St (Grateful Dead neighborhood). Danica, Nate and I could have spent a day here. The seediest vintage shops you've ever seen. This area of the City is a completely different animal than the rest. As for Dale and Deb they ventured into a Whole Foods and that was more than enough to satisfy their curiosity about hippies. 
  • Lombard St (of course). 
  • Coit Tower.
  • Ferry Buildings.
  • Little Italy. Found an authentic Italian cafe. It was very memorable watching little D's face when the waiter told her they didn't offer ranch as a dressing. 



























Snazzy little couple. 


Nate (with the map, of course) and what looks to be his angry teenage hipster wife. 












Wednesday:

  • Nate took off and ran the equivalent of a marathon (no big thing). We met him at Lake Chabot. 
  • I did a senior style portrait session of Danica. I am pretty excited about the results. Adding a few to my website portfolio.
  • The fun comes to an end. I am the biggest boob when it comes to good-byes, but I stayed strong and managed to hold things together (might just be a first). 
It was SO nice having family visit. We're back to missing them. We had an awesome time being tourons with them and we're crossing our fingers that they haven't got their fill of us for the year. 








1 comment: